Wednesday, October 15, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LILA


"AUTUMN SONG"

**********


Happy Birthday to my dear blogging friend, Lila of "Indigo Pears" (www.indigopears.blogspot.com)!
When I first put myself out here in cyberspace almost two years ago, Lila was the first person, outside of family and friends, to comment on my blog. She helped me figure out the ins and outs of blogging, and has been a faithful, kind and loving friend ever since.
Lila, a Southern gal from Arkansas, is a talented quilter, seamstress and watercolor artist. See the painting above? That's hers! Even better, she's giving that very same painting away - framed - in honor of her birthday. Just click on her blog address above and go to her October 1 post to enter her giveaway. (I already own a Lila original - of a blue and white porcelain vase holding Chinese lanterns and bittersweet. It holds a place of honor in my home.)
Lila's a great cook too and prints many delicious recipes. But Lila, I hope Mr. Pear took you out to dinner tonight. Happy Birthday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And speaking of giveaways, have you voted for your favorite entrant in the "Fire Fancies" Art Challenge yet? Your votes will earn one of 12 talented artists first prize in the contest, and you could win too! Everyone who votes will go into a drawing for a vintage-style Halloween figurine of a girl with a pumpkin hat. Just go to my post below and make a comment to vote and be entered!

4 comments:

Lena said...

Best birthday wishes to Lila!

I remember the lovely painting that Lila gave you. I thought at the time that the combination was perfect, and this one is very nice too.

Hope you're having a nice day Julie!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thank-you for the lovely post, Julie!
I had a great b'day. The leaves are changing. I sewed for a bit, a friend came over with flowers and we had tea and cookies.
Mr. Pear came home under the weather, so we will go out another night.

gma said...

Lila is my very special and precious blogging friend as well. What a treasured friends you both are to me.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I rather like that painting! It has a delicate, childlike quality about it that is quite charming!

Happy birthday, Lila! :)