Wednesday, July 18, 2007

BLOGGER REFLECTION AWARD - PAY IT FORWARD


I am overwhelmed and honored to have been given the Blogger Reflection Award from Carmen at "Strawberries and Champagne". After she was chosen by Pea at "Pea's Corner", Carmen's challenge was to name five bloggers "who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way and have been a Godly example to you. Five bloggers who, when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy - of knowing them and being blessed by them. This award is for the best of the best so consider who you pick carefully. This award should be not be given to just anyone."
Now you can see why I am overwhelmed and honored. In nominating me and her other selections, Carmen wrote that she wanted to share her award "with the following ladies who inspire my soul so deeply every day. All of them beautiful, strong and wise women from all around the world, every one of them in their own unique way documenting their journey and enjoying every moment of it. They have showed me in their blogs and emails how to step forward. They share with no fears their secrets of being joyous and glorious women, their path to rediscover their sacred feminine and how they have become a Goddess. I am so glad to call them my friends, my kindred spirits."
How can I top that? I feel exactly the same way about the women I am about to nominate, so each of you, think "Ditto" about yourselves. Instead of repeating Carmen, I will try to share a little bit about why I am so happy to have "met" each of you. And by the way, I would have also nominated Pea, and Carmen, and three of the people Carmen nominated: Lila from "Indigo Pears", AnnieElf from "Scenes From a Slow Moving Train" and "Bimbimbie" (another Annie). (I don't know the others she nominated but plan to get to know them.)
ROBYN from "Tales of Inglewood." Robyn has taught me so much about the wheel of the year, the moon's cycles, the lore of plants; about crystals, about our shared Celtic heritage (she Cornish, me Scottish/Irish.) As she approaches her croning year, she has become our learned teacher. I cannot wait to see what she has to offer us in the coming year. Robyn, through you, I have become wiser.
ROWAN from "Circle of the Year", my strongest link to England. Through her I have taken trips to Beatrix Potter's home, to Avebury, to the village of "Lark Rise to Candleford" fame. She has taught me about "Dressing the Wells" and "The Tudor Stillroom." With her lovely writing and pictures, she makes it seem as if I am there as well. Rowan, through you I have broadened my horizons.
LISA from "Lisaoceandreamer." Lisa, I'll never forget the wonderful essay you sent me on the empowerment of women. Through you, I have become more empowered. I love your zest for life and your powerful passion for your art. I even love how you keep changing your banner all the time! I love how passionately you care about others, and am so thankful for the encouraging emails you sent me.
KELLI from "There's No Place Like Home." You could not have picked a better name for your blog. You honor the hearth with your holiday decorations, your cooking and baking, the vignettes you set up around your home. I don't know what religion you are, but you show your Godly ways by caring for your family, your home, your plants, and the least of God's creatures. Kelli, from you I learn awareness and centeredness.
GEMMA from "Gemma": I love your creativity, your spiritual questing, your introspective moments, your avid study of Leonardo da Vinci. I love your lexicon! From you I learned that no matter what age we are, we are still becoming. You mentioned writing about dreams, legends, sacred traditions and archetypes. If you're still thinking about this direction for your blog, I'm ready to take the ride with you!
This cannot begin to describe my gratitude that you fine ladies have found something in my blog as well, and the wonderful comments you have made. Please nominate five others, and show the icon proudly in your blogs.
(Everyone mentioned here has a link on my sidebar at right under Blogging Kindred Spirits.)

9 comments:

Kelli said...

Dear Julie Marie,
Thank you so much for giving me this award, I am honored that you chose me and your sweet words made me blush. :0) I am so glad to have met you through blogging, you are a wonderful and generous friend. I was just looking at my postcards today and thought of you. :0)
Hugs,
Kelli

gma said...

Thank you so very much. This is a wonderful award. Julia...we can learn so much from each other...so glad we are rediscovering our goddess selves.
xoxo

Miss Robyn said...

thankyou xoxo

Lila Rostenberg said...

Wonderful choices! I love these blogs too!
You express your thoughts about them so well!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Oh dear, dear Julie Marie...thank you ever so much. This blogging world has been the catalyst to meet so many extraordinary women/goddesses such as yourself. I am deeply grateful for your words and have tucked them safely in my heart.
XOXOXO
Love and hugs,
Lisa

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

You, dear Julie, deserve this and more!
I am so glad We found each other!
Now, I want to meet Gemma and Kelli, LOL
Some of the ladies you awarded are fantastic, too!

Carole Burant said...

Congratulations dear Julie Marie, an award you richly deserve!!! Isn't it just such a wonderful feeling knowing how people feel about you and how much you've enriched their lives:-) I'm so glad that Carmen chose you and I'm also very glad that she encouraged me to come over and "meet" you:-) xoxo

Rowan said...

It was a lovely surprise to find that you have given me this award, thank you so much. I'm delighted to be your link to England. You deserve the award also, your blog is always full of interest and thought provoking posts. I'm not sure how long it will take to display the award on my blog, it will have to await the attentions of DH as it is beyond my skills I' afraid:)

Elisi said...

oh-see-yoh